Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Step 2 - Getting a Job

I started working full-time upon graduation in 2002, and had the idea that at some point I'd pursue flight school part time. I started doing research on flight schools in the Chicagoland area, and determined that my best bet would be with American Flyers, based out of Palwaukee.







I visited the facility there, and was very excited to start. Upon further investigation, however, it looked like I wouldn't be able to afford the loan payments on the load I'd have to take out in order to train with them. Also, they didn't seem to be set up to train career pilots. Their private program was okay, but when I started asking about multi-engine and CFI training it seemed like they were going to have to throw something together for me. Combined with the high cost of training, I decided to put my idea on hold for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home