Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Step 3 - Still Working...

I think it's funny that I've crammed the previous 3-4 years into 3 simple steps. My life has been decidedly more complicated than simply deciding to become a pilot, then getting a 'real job' and then starting this blog. I just didn't want to get wrapped up in the details in providing a background to my quest. I'll fill in any details as we go along, but for now you've got the idea.

I've been working for the same firm since I graduated. I've switched roles once, and while I'm fairly satisfied with what I do and who I work with, it's a long-term issue that I'm struggling with. That is, I can't see myself looking back on my career upon retirement and feeling a strong sense of pride in what I'd accomplished if I stay in this role. That, and I'm sick of driving 130 miles a day to get to and from work. I am waaaay to familiar with I-294 (or as we in Chicagoland lovingly call it, the TriState).

Every once in a while I get a strong desire to head off in a totally different direction in my career. This is one of those times. I simply decided a little while ago that I wasn't going to keep my goal of becoming a pilot on the shelf any longer than I absolutely have to. I keep coming back to it, so I'm going to actually DO something about it now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home