Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Spotlight on Daily Dose

Okay, so it's not Thursday, but considering the fact that tomorrow I'll be stuffing myself with... um... stuffing... I don't think I'll be posting a spotlight.

So brace yourself for an early version! Today I want to highlight Daily Dose of Excel, written by Dick Kusleika. While this is primarily a technical blog that focuses on Microsoft Excel, one of the reasons I keep coming back to it is Dick's great sense of humor and clear writing style.

While I'm admitedly a major geek, especially about Office products, reading this blog makes me feel absolutely dwarfed in my Excel programming knowledge. They deal with issues that I never would have even thought of, much less tried to solve. I've picked up many useful tips along the way, but more importantly, I've grown to 'know' a lot of the authors who post on the blog, most of all Mr. Kusleika himself.

I originally learned of this blog from the J-Walk Blog, but it quickly gained a spot on my toolbar links, and I visit it... well, daily. He hasn't been around much because he's starting a new job, but if you are at all interested in Excel, check it out. Heck, check it out even if you don't care about Excel, because he makes it worth reading anyway.

I should also mention that there are a slew of other authors that can post on the blog, mostly Microsoft MVPs, I think. They bring a global perspective to the arena of application design that didn't exist for me prior to reading their insightful posts and comments.

Overall, I really enjoy reading this blog, and I think you will, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home