Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Many Happy Returns

Merry Christmas! Now that the holiday is over, we can begin the real holiday tradition... returning or exchanging gifts. My wife bought a digital voice recorder for me so I could play at author in the car, and I've already ordered a replacement. I have to admit that even though I was pretty sure I was going to return it and order something different, it was very hard to leave it in its plastic bubble packaging. The idea of an unopened gadget is enough to give me indigestion. Wait, that's my normal state.

I mentioned earlier that I wanted an Olympus DM-20, but when I looked at them again, I decided to go with the DS-2300. There was really nothing wrong with the one she got me, but I needed it to be compatible with IBM ViaVoice software, so I can automatically transcribe what I dictate en route.

I'm excited about this new, as yet unexplored medium. I usually have lots of energy when I get in the car to head home, and fall flat in the evening, so this way I can get some work done on my way home and then let my computer 'type' it up for me while I play with my son. This way, I can write The Great American Novel and be a model father. Who says you can't have your cake and eat it too?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home