Friday, February 16, 2007

Dr. Who

My kids' pediatrician group is, to say the least, interesting. We've sort of played musical chairs with their health care, taking them to several offices before we found a group we were satisfied with.

The group is associated with the University of Chicago, and our very first experience with them was impressive; they helped our 3-month old baby with his reflux and helped get him out of the <3rd percentile in height & weight. Phew.

However, that's just the beginning. In the past few weeks, 2 of the 3 doctors have surprised me... one of them appeared on the Oprah Winfrey show as a guest, and today the other informed my wife that he was running for president. Actually, that's President, as in Of The United States.

I was sad when I realized that the very first thought I had when she told me that was sheer amusement. What ever happened to the principle that anyone in this nation could aspire to lead it? That is to say, I wouldn't advocate any average joe becoming the CIC, but it's still sad to think that only a very small group of people have the money and connections to make it there, when I'm sure there are many thousands of willing men and women that would do a terrific job if they could get the chance.

Ooh! Now I feel like starting my very own utopia. Are you in?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home