Monday, October 15, 2007

My name is kevboy, and I'm a rageaholic...

"Hi kevboy!"

Okay, so I'm not a rageaholic in the actual sense of the word, but I do tend to get upset every now and then while working, usually when I get an instant message of this persuasion (not from my boss, but someone else who needs help with something):

Hi, you know that issue I just sent you about an hour ago? Have you dropped everything you were working on when I sent that in and gotten done it yet?

Usually I feel a flood of adrenaline that makes me shaky for a little while before I calm down enough to type a reply back (to the effect of, "No, and while this query makes me wish I'd never agreed to help you, I will get to it in a while..."), but I just discovered a hidden benefit of being on a treadmill while working. I didn't feel shaky at all. Instead, the release of adrenaline had one effect - it made me feel like I had just started walking, as if I'd been on this thing for 8 minutes instead of 8 hours.

It also felt like I recovered from it much faster than usual - the downside is that the "fresh" feeling I had went away all to quickly. That was pretty cool, though, and thought I'd share.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:03 AM , Blogger Andrew said...

Addicted to rageohol? Kev, I'm so glad to hear that some things never change. Ah, the old fashioned Irish temper. I'm even more glad to hear that the extra energy got channeled to your legs. Keep it up.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home