Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Worlking - Day 2

The last 9 hours or so that I've worked (counting today and part of yesterday) have been spent at my new treadmill desk. I've walked continuously during that time, and so far I'm holding up well, with only minor discomfort in my feet.

I walk at a very slow pace (about 1 step per second), which keeps me moving without being too strenuous over time. I can talk on the phone without being out of breath, and if I were a normal person I probably wouldn't even sweat; even for me, the sweating is minimal.

"Maybe you should have a fan blowing on you to cool off and prevent sweating," you say.

"Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!" I laugh maniacally, making you somewhat nervous. "I have three."

"Oh," you reply awkwardly. "Um, I was only trying to be helpful..."

"Well, you're not." I reply rudely.

Seriously, though, it's not bad at all. I find that stretches of 30-45 minutes will go by between peeks at the timer without really thinking about it, so it's not like I'm constantly checking how long I have left (per my usual approach). I focus on work and just walk on and on without much thought. If this holds up without something bad happening to my feet then it's pretty much the best way to exercise ever. I realize I should also be including some kind of weight training if I want a complete workout, but hey, let's be realistic. For now, I'll focus on doing this for long enough that it becomes a habit and something I do without thinking about. At that point I'll think about complicating things.

Until then, I'll continue marching along.
Click here to read the entire post.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home