Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Worlking - Day 16

As Andrew pointed out in the comments on the last post, there is a fancy-shmancy version of the worlkstation (sorry, walkstation... blah =) available for roughly 30 times what I paid to put this contraption together. I have to admit a certain level of envy when I saw the clean lines and extra large work area, but at this point I'll take the extra $6,300 any day of the week, yes sir.

It's been a while since my last post, sorry about that. I was sick on Thursday and Friday (and through the weekend) and while I still worked part of each day, I didn't walk much. I think I walked a half-day on Thursday and not at all on Friday. By Monday morning I was very eager to back on the horse, as they say, but even a small stretch of time off was hard to overcome. Yesterday I was pretty sore. However, my spirits were lifted high when I came in from work; my wife even noticed it. There seems to be a definite positive correlation between mood and worlking. That's a great side benefit, considering the primary reason I'm doing this is to shed weight.

I'm currently at 25.45% of my goal. In other words, one down, three to go. I was discussing this with my wife and wasn't sure which would be harder - the next two quarters (seems like it's always easy to lose some quick weight at the beginning) or the final quarter. I'm afraid of some kind of "senior slide" after I've lost 75% of my goal and then find myself saying, "Um, you've already lost a lot. Have some pizza!"

I suppose I should just take Lovie Smith's approach and focus on this one quarter at a time. Maybe I'll start holding press conferences and say "Every pound is a playoff pound."

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:50 AM , Blogger Colleen said...

More percentages! I am a huge math dork and find that stuff fascinating...

Interesting question about which fourth would be the most difficult as well. My inclination is to say that the first and last would be the toughest with the 2 in the middle being easiest, what with you being in the swing of things and all. I am interested to know what you think as time passes, as you become the Guru of the Fourths.

 
At 4:17 PM , Blogger Mariposafan said...

So, it's been a while. How is the treadmill workstation experiment going?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home