Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Writer's Corner Defined

I'm starting a new idea here. Whenever the inspiration strikes, I'll post a scene that pops into my head, although it may not make any sense to the reader. It might be like picking up a novel at random, and reading a sentence, paragraph, or page.

The title will be Writer's Corner - #n (where n is the current 'issue'). The idea is to give myself an outlet for some of these random ideas I have, so I can get them down and out of my head before I forget what the hell I was thinking about. Then someday, maybe I'll revisit them and incorporate them into a full-fledged story.

What I need to do is get some better blogging software (JWalk recommends pMachine, which seems good) that will let me set up categories and the like. The problem is, Blogger is free, while pMachine and anything else worth it's weight is going to cost something. Then I'd have to pay a monthly fee to host the site, and right now that kind of expense is categorized as a luxury.

If I can find a steady source of secondary income, though, I'd be able to do something like that. I need some good (read: legit) ideas or leads about some home-based work, if anyone has anything to offer. I guess this evolved into something not entirely about the Writer's Corner - sorry!

1 Comments:

At 12:44 PM , Blogger Youssef said...

Pretty cool.

I make a living writing VBA applications, so I recognized some of your links, heh-heh.

Came to your blog through a random walk, however.

Kill the commute, it's dead time. I've been working at home for the last 17.5 years and I'd rather go broke than start commuting.

All the Best, J.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home